The Best Alzheimers Caregiver Tool of Them All, Harvey
I love watching these videos of Dotty & Harvey, her talking parrot. What a neat tool in caregiving for Alzheimer’s & Dementia-related diseases. I can’t wait to bring Harvey with me to work & see him in action live. Thank you Bob DeMarco for all you do! ~ Lark E. Kirkwood
The Best Alzheimers Caregiver Tool of Them All, Harvey.
- 10 Ways to Volunteer with Family Caregivers (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- New Approach to Alzheimer’s Dementia Caregiving Reaches Global Audiences (prweb.com)
- Alzheimer’s and Music: “Conducting” an Emotional Visit to My Beloved, Demented Romanian Soul Mate (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- 8 Rules for New Caregivers (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- Music may protect against effects of Alzheimer’s (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
I sang for my Dad today … January 30, 2011
I called Dad this evening. Tonight, I sang to him. I sang “The Rainbow Connection” (Kermit the Frog). I heard him clearly do a “hahahaaaaaaaaaa” with a smile in the tone. These are the first sounds I have heard him make since late November, Thanksgiving. It was awesome! Happy day!!! End of story, I sang to Dad again, same song, knowing there was a smile on the other end of the line.
I love you Dad!
What is Vascular Dementia?
The Alzheimers Reading Room has clear, concise, usable news, research, insight and advice for the entire Alzheimers community. The website focuses on those suffering from Alzheimers disease and Dementia, Alzheimers caregivers, and the art of Alzheimers caregiving. 100 Million people have been touched by Alzheimers disease, and 35 million are worried about Alzheimers.