National Organization to Stop Elder Abuse and Guardianship Abuse
We are the National Organization to Stop Elder Abuse and Guardianship Abuse (NOTEGA).
This group was initially founded as the National Elder Abuse and Guardianship Victims Taskforce for Change in 2008. A Platfrom proposal resulted in Elder Abuse being addressed on the national platform.
Members of our group have pioneered the efforts to advance national guardianship reform.
A petition to Stop Elder Abuse and Guardianship Abuse posted by the group has over 1100 signatures and has been circulated to members of Congress, sub-committees and special committees since 2008. Over 1000 letters have been circulated to State and National Leaders.
In May 2010 the founder of NOTEGA (Latifa Ring) testified to the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security on guardianship abuse and crimes against elderly and disabled citizens in guardianships.
Please join our group to continue to advance to call for real and meaningful reform and come back often to read accounts of victim’s cases.
Read real life stories at www.guardianshipgonebad.com
Visit Our Website at www.stopelderabuse.net
- Written Testimony of Latifa S. Ring (NOTEGA) to the Senate Special Committee on Aging for the record on recent Elder Abuse and Exploitation Hearing (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- Guardianships putting thousands of elderly Texans at risk (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- Has elder abuse or guardianship abuse ever affected you personally? (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- A Heartbreaking Story of Elder Abuse and Legal Thievery (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- To Those Whom it May Concern re: Ronald R. Kirkwood, my father (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- Too often, death is the only way out of guardianship gulag…Washington Examiner (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
- Families torn apart by probate court corruption, The truth about conservatorships / guardianships (larkkirkwood.wordpress.com)
Posted on December 30, 2011, in Elder Abuse, Guardianships & Conservatorships, National Association to Stop Guardian Abuse and tagged Congress, Elder Abuse, Guardianship Abuse, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Homeland Security, House Judiciary Subcommittee, Latifa Ring, Legal guardian, National Association to Stop Guardian Abuse, NOTEGA, Violence and Abuse. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.